Emily and John
Who They Are
- John age 57 works in sales and wants to retire at 62 or earlier if possible.
- John makes $100,000 with a 25% bonus; he likes what he does but wants to retire early.
- Emily age 54 is a schoolteacher in the FM school district.
- She earns $75k and is eligible for a NYS pension of $50k/yr at age 55.
- They have (2) children. The oldest (15) is two years away from college and their youngest is 13.
- John has elderly parents without any long-term care insurance.
- Emily and John want to travel a few times per year once they retire.
- Would like to know: if they can retire earlier than planned and replace their current lifestyle and/or if they are on track to retire successfully.
How we Helped
Our clients come in all shapes and sizes with varying income levels, unique challenges, and different goals. We offer customized planning for each client based on individual circumstances.
Modeled how much they need to save, how long they need to work, and what adjustments they should make in their plan in order to replace their current lifestyle in retirement.
Helped with a college savings strategy to meet their goals of paying for 50% of their children’s college costs.
Analyzed Emily’s options regarding her New York State teacher’s pension and recommended the option that best fits their retirement goals.
Social Security Planning
Helped them understand how Social Security impacts portfolio withdrawals depending on when they elect to receive the benefits.
See the types of clients we work with
Saving for Retirement:
Mark & Mary
Retirement: Emily & John
David & Linda
Anne & Paul
Sean & Laura
Ready to get started?
If you’re ready to start planning for a brighter financial future, Rockbridge is ready with the advice you need to achieve your goals.